Becknell Industrial announced today more than $56 million of acquisitions for 2015.
Properties acquired include seven buildings totaling more than 875,000 square feet. These acquisitions include:
“We were very pleased with our level of acquisitions in 2015. Becknell not only gained sound assets and strong credit tenants, but also secured strategic land positions in high demand markets for future development,” said Pete Anderson, Executive Vice President - Investments. “Our Company remains committed to our long-term strategy of deploying capital to acquire high quality assets leased to solid tenants across the United States.”
- In Calera, Alabama, a 247,000-square-foot distribution facility fully leased to Plantation Patterns, one of North America’s leading manufacturers of cushions, pillows, umbrellas, outdoor decor and accessories;
- A 74,000-square-foot warehouse facility in the prime southwest submarket of Phoenix, Arizona;
- A 70,000-square-foot distribution facility in Whitestown, Indiana, 100 percent leased to MWI Veterinary Supply, an international animal health products supplier for veterinarians. This acquisition also includes 6.5 acres of land that can support 96,000 square feet of additional development;
- In Lenexa, Kansas, a 77,000-square-foot distribution building fully leased to Dr. Pepper Snapple Group, a leading producer of flavored beverages in North America and the Caribbean;
- An 184,400 square-foot LEED Silver distribution facility in Blythewood, South Carolina that is 100 percent leased to Husqvarna Group, a world-leading producer of outdoor power products including chainsaws, trimmers, robotic lawn mowers and garden tractors. This acquisition also includes 14.5 acres of land that can support 184,000 square feet of additional development; and
- Located just outside of Milwaukee, Wisconsin, two industrial facilities totaling 223,200 square feet. The first, located in Butler, totals 100,000 square feet and is fully leased to three tenants including, Keystone Automotive Industries, Paragon Foam Fabricators and Snyders of Lance. Totaling 123,200 square feet and located in Franklin, the second building is fully leased to API Heat Transfer. Including the acreage previously mentioned, Becknell Industrial purchased nearly 90 acres of land in Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Spartanburg and Columbia, South Carolina; on which the Company will develop approximately 735,000 square feet.